Update to operations:
Daintree Rainforest bookings now available!
Daintree Rainforest Tour will be operating:
- 14 October to 19 December 2020 - Wednesday, Saturday
- 20 December 2020 to 17 January 2021 - Monday to Saturday
- After 18 January 2021 - Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
Great Barrier Reef Tours operate:
- 5 October to 19 December 2020 - Tuesday, Friday, Sunday
- 20 December 2020 to 17 January 2021 - Monday to Sunday
- After 18 January 2021 - Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Please note that due to COVID-19 closures, we have had to make alternative temporary changes to our itinerary. Please see below:
- Lunch has been moved to the Cape Tribulation Beach House restaurant so that each passenger is served individually rather than our usual BBQ in the rainforest
- Temporarily no tropical fruits platter, damper or Billy Tea
- Daintree Ice-Cream Company is temporarily closed and therefore we will not be able to stop here. We are stopping for an ice-cream at an alternative location. Ice-cream is at passengers expense.
- Wallabies - this location is currently closed and therefore this stop is currently unavailable.
- Cashless - all payments are to made in full prior to travel. You will not be able to pay with cash at any stage throughout the tour.
- COVID-Safe restrictions for seating within vehicles have eased and therefore social distancing while seated inside our vehicles is not required. Although COVID restrictions have eased for passenger seating, we will ensure to not allow passengers to sit immediately beside other passengers from other bookings or family units.
The health and safety of our customers and employees is, and always has been our highest priority. Our new program brings together new and existing wellbeing measures. These include:
- Recording contact information: before travel, agents and/or passengers must provide passengers phone number, email and accommodation address. If we do not have this information prior to travel, passengers will be refused entry. These records are used only for the purposes of tracing COVID-19 and are stored securely.
- Paperless check-in: passengers will be picked up from their accommodation at the scheduled time.
- Cashless payments: all bookings must be paid in full prior to travel (including the $20 per person reef levy). Passengers will not be able to pay with cash at any stage throughout the tour.
- Social distancing: will be enforced onboard as well as at boarding and disembarking to minimise crowding. Our vehicles will carry a maximum of 17 passengers. COVID-Safe restrictions for seating within vehicles requires social distancing between staff and passengers. Although COVID restrictions have eased for passenger seating, we will also ensure to not allow passengers to sit immediately beside other passengers from other bookings or family units.
- Changes to food service: staff-controlled catering and service to minimise touchpoints for crew and passengers. There will be no self-serve food option, so we have temporarily removed the tropical fruit platter and damper. Lunch will be held at the Cape Tribulation Beach House restaurant and each passenger will be served individually.
- Sanitising stations: hand sanitising stations will be placed throughout the vessel and buses and at entry points. Sanitising wipes will be available for passengers to wipe down seat belts, trays and armrests themselves.
- Enhanced cleaning of equipment: with a focus on high contact areas, entrance points, signage, and changes to our food service.
- Masks provided: while these are not mandatory from a safety point of view, we will have these available for use if you wish. Customers can also bring their own mask if they would prefer.
- Staff training: all employees have completed the QTIC COVID Safe Training Program and will follow strict personal hygiene protocols including daily pre-screening.
- Symptoms: if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you will be refused entry and advised to seek medical advice and to contact our reservations team or your agent to reschedule your activity.
To ensure you can book with confidence, we are introducing further flexibility. We want to reassure you that every member of our team is committed to looking after your wellbeing when you travel.
Customers can cancel their trip up to 18 hours prior to travel. In the event, that you need to cancel due to medical reasons (feeling unwell) or if the Government changes travel restrictions, you will be able to cancel within the 18-hour period. We have also waived rebooking fees for any booking alterations.
In the instance that your preferred date of travel is cancelled by us, we will rebook you on the next available date we are departing at no additional cost to you. For more information on booking changes and other options email or call our reservations team.